cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity and vmaddin.vbs

msmalley
Level 1
Level 1

Can anyone explain the purpose of this script? It appears that it assist in the automated installation of the VMO. I am looking for a way to prompt the user for their extension and then install VMO.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Here is what I did to prompt for the user's ext but who knows what the script parameters are for.

Dim PromptText

Dim InputReturn

Dim TitleText : TitleText = "Enter User Extension"

prompttext = "Enter the View Mail for Outlook user's extension."

prompttext = prompttext & (chr(13) & chr(10))

prompttext = prompttext & "Example: 747" & (chr(13) & chr(10)) & (chr(13) & chr(10))

prompttext = prompttext & "***SHUT DOWN OUTLOOK BEFORE CLICKING OK***" & (chr(13) & chr(10))

InputReturn = InputBox(prompttext, TitleText)

If InputReturn <> "" Then

Session.Property("EXTENSION") = InputReturn

Else

Session.Property("EXTENSION") = ""

End If

Thanks for your input.

4 Replies 4

davetucker
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

The script looks sound.

Basically it creates an Input Box asking the user to enter their extension. Once they click OK, it sends the output to the MSI Installer; If nothing is entered it sends a blank.

I'm no expert with VMO but I am guessing you will need the code will need to be entered into the VMOInit.vbs file in the Viewmail > ENU directory (paste your script below the "rem" statements in Fucntion VMOInitFn).

Open a Command Prompt window. (On the Windows Start menu, click Programs > Accessories > Command Prompt.)

Change to the ViewMail > ENU directory (or to the language applicable to your installation).

Enter vmaddbin ViewMail.msi VMOInit.vbs, and press Enter. (When the script completes, your cursor returns to the command line.

Run the file ViewMail.msi on a test machine to confirm that the installation completes successfully. (If the installation is unsuccessful, verify the changes made to VMOInit.vbs.)

MOre info about customizing the VMO Install is available here http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/vmo/release/notes/502vmorn.html#wp39432.

Hope this helps, if so please rate.

Regards,

Dave

davetucker
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

The script looks sound.

Basically it creates an Input Box asking the user to enter their extension. Once they click OK, it sends the output to the MSI Installer; If nothing is entered it sends a blank.

I'm no expert with VMO but I am guessing you will need the code will need to be entered into the VMOInit.vbs file in the Viewmail > ENU directory (paste your script below the "rem" statements in Fucntion VMOInitFn).

Open a Command Prompt window. (On the Windows Start menu, click Programs > Accessories > Command Prompt.)

Change to the ViewMail > ENU directory (or to the language applicable to your installation).

Enter vmaddbin ViewMail.msi VMOInit.vbs, and press Enter. (When the script completes, your cursor returns to the command line.

Run the file ViewMail.msi on a test machine to confirm that the installation completes successfully. (If the installation is unsuccessful, verify the changes made to VMOInit.vbs.)

MOre info about customizing the VMO Install is available here http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/vmo/release/notes/502vmorn.html#wp39432.

Hope this helps, if so please rate.

Regards,

Dave

Thanks Dave,

So am I correct by saying that all vmaddin.vbs script does is update the MSI package with values in VMOInit.vbs?

Does anyone have a script that will look up the logged on user's telephone number out of AD then update the registry with telephone number and server name for vmo?

Here is what I ended up developing.

Please rate helpful posts.

---------------------------------------------

' VBScript source code

Const VMOFile = "C:\Program Files\Viewmail\AvMMOCtrl.ocx"

Const KV = "HKCU\Software\Cisco Systems\Cisco Unity\Media Master\Profiles\default\Telephone Record and Playback extension"

Dim WshShell, objFileSystem

Set ADSysInfo = CreateObject("ADSystemInfo")

Set CurrentUser = GetObject("LDAP://" & ADSysInfo.UserName)

' ====================================================================

' Retrieves the Phone number to be added to the VMO registry setting

' This can be changed to "strIpPhone = CurrentUser.telephoneNumber" to

' get it from the typical telephone number field from Active Directory.

' Other phone number fields are:

' mobile -- Mobile Phone Number

' homephone -- Home Phone Number

' ipPhone -- IP Phone Number

strIpPhone = CurrentUser.ipPhone

Set objFileSystem = WScript.CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")

If objFileSystem.FileExists(VMOFile) and strIpPhone <> "" Then

Set WshShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")

WshShell.RegWrite KV, strIpPhone, "REG_SZ"

Set WshShell = nothing

End If

set objFileSystem = Nothing

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: