cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection 8.6 Cluster: The system is temporarily unable to complete your call

James Hawkins
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

I have just solved a problem with CUC and thought is was worth sharing here.

Setup was a cluster of two CUC 8.6 servers deployed in the Uk so using the GB locale.

The CUCM Line Group was configured to send calls to the Sub first then the Pub. It is a bit of an odd deployment in that users are not using voicemail from the off as the company directors prefer a human to answer calls. It will be provided on an individual business case basis.

Anyway I was using CUC to control routing of calls to CUEAC (due the the risible scheduling built into that product - i.e. one schedule and no holiday support ) and to provide a voice enabled directory.

Anyway when both servers were up calls to the Voice Enabled Directory were fine but those to the Call Handler were immediately dropped. Calls to the opening greeting received the message "The system is temporarily unable to complete your call".

If I turned off the Sub everything worked ok. After lots of head scratching I spotted the problem from the following CLI commands:

Publisher

admin:show version active

Active Master Version: 8.6.2.22900-9

Active Version Installed Software Options:

uc-locale-en_GB-8.6.2.1-25.cop

Subscriber

admin:show version active

Active Master Version: 8.6.2.22900-9

Active Version Installed Software Options:

cm-locale-en_GB-8.6.2.1000-1.cop

It turns out that I had installed a CUCM locale rather than a Unity Connection locale on the Sub

I find it odd that Cisco do not include anything that flags up the software is incompatible and stops the install - I have attached the log file file the install and to a cursory glance it looks like everything is ok.

Everything seems to be working ok now. I would however like to remove the CUCM locale file. I cannot find a way to do this. To remove CUC locales I would use delete cuc locale <code> but this will not work in this case - any suggestions?

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey james,

Thanks for posting up the resolution to your issue here

I'd like to give this post the nice +5 that it deserves so if you can give

me a reply here, I'll do just that.

I would certainly engage TAC to help remove the unwanted locale file

in this instance. I can't think of any other way other than "root" access.

Cheers!

Rob

"Why not help one another on the way" - Bob Marley

Foldron2002
Level 1
Level 1

Great post, I had the same issue

Thanks !

Sandesh Pawar
Level 1
Level 1

For some reason I cannot rate this article. I want to give it a 5 Star. 

Saved a lot of time.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: