Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection self care portal

G3261
Level 4
Level 4

hello experts,

I want to give few users access to some sort of web portal where they can go and forward a number to their mobile phones. Here is my problem---

they do not have any devices associated in CUCM (end users). Their devices only show up in Notification Devices in Unity Conn.

Call Flow--

Incoming Call->CUCM RP->UC->UC checks the current notification device number and forwards the call.

Is this possible?

6 Replies 6

Evgeny Izetov
Level 1
Level 1

Not really viable outside some custom scripting. The script would need to take the value in the notification device and insert it in a transfer destination for that user voicemail box. But then the greeting needs to be 'empty' and the after greeting action set to transfer. On top of that CUC trunk or ports will need to be allowed to dial arbitrary PSTN numbers (security risk). So no, this is way too convoluted.

CUCM Self-Care portal specifically serves this purpose and it's trivial to add a device as controlled. What's the problem there?

Problem is---

we can't give these people a physical phone because they are 3rd party support for us.

tc4679
Level 1
Level 1

Yeah i almost agree with the last post a bit messy and convoluted... you could have an incoming call from CUBE or VG hit RP on CUCM, DN is forwarding everything to unity c, unity c gets it and you could potentially have some sort of call routing in place but gets a little messy, probably worth labbing the scenario up and see what results you get but that should get you started at least.

messy is right :)

If you don't want to associate devices with users because you don't want them messing the phones up via the self-care portal, keep in mind that you can hide a great many sections of the self-care portal via the "Self Care Portal Parameters" in the Enterprise Parameters. Keep in mind, though, that as Enterprise Parameters this will affect all users of the Self Care Portal.

Maren

1.jpg

Thank you Meren...much appreciated

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: