Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection - smtp message notification

marcsalom77
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everybody:

I have Unity connection version 9.1.2ES59.12901-59.

I need to send an email to a Unity user that receive a new message on his inbox on Unity Connection. I have read that inside this message contains the message left on Unity.

I have configured only the parameters required in this html site from Cisco:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice-unified-communications/unity-connection-version-8x/113623-smtp-message-unity-connection.html

Do I need to configure more parameters?

Regards,

Marc

6 Replies 6

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Marc,

This would do with the steps in the above doc. Is it not working after configuring as per the above?

Manish

Hi Manish, yes, it's not working following the above steps.

Marc

Hi Marc,

Do you know if the SMART Host is able to reach the specific SMTP Address? Please check if port 25 is open on smart host server. Also:

• In Cisco Unity Connection Administration, expand System Settings > SMTP Configuration. Then, select Server.

• From the SMTP Server Configuration page, check the Allow Connections From Untrusted IP Addresses check box to allow all clients to connect by using SMTP, regardless of whether Connection is configured to specifically allow connections from their IP addresses.

Manish

Hi Manish:

On the smart host server I have writen the smtp server ip.Is that correct?

The checking of the port is asked to the customer.

And the "allow connections from untrusted" is checked.

Regards,

Marc

Hi Manish, it works with this configuration:

- We configured the smtp relay server on the smart host.

- We configured the dns server on the Unity, as the smart host is writen by name, and not by ip.

-  On the  Cisco Personal Communications Assistant (PCA), the user needs to configure on "Message Actions": the relay address of the user, user@domain.com.

- On the customer firewall, enable notifications to the smtp server on port 25 from the smart host.

Thanks a lot!!

Marc

Thanks for updating the post Marc.

Manish