Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity connection unable to configure more than 100 VM ports

jgracecco
Level 1
Level 1

I need some understanding

on unity connection 10.5  5000 user ova.   Can i configure 200 voicemail port per server or a total of 200 ports for the cluster in HA

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

That is consistent with the document that Charles linked above.  Table 1 lists, as stated above, that 100 ports is the maximum for a virtual platofrm overlay for up to 5000 users.

If you then cluster 2x 100 port machines together, you then have 200 ports - but the number on each server is still only 100.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Charles Hill
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello jgracecco,

Take a look at the link below. 

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/10x/supported_platforms/10xcucspl.html

It states

Total number of available ports per virtual machine: Voice + TTS + Voice recognition =  100

Total number of available ports for each virtual machine in a cluster  = 200

So i have to virt unity connection server in a cluster.  but im not able to configure more than 100 port on the unity servers.  I get an error this hardware does not support.

That is consistent with the document that Charles linked above.  Table 1 lists, as stated above, that 100 ports is the maximum for a virtual platofrm overlay for up to 5000 users.

If you then cluster 2x 100 port machines together, you then have 200 ports - but the number on each server is still only 100.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

jgracecco
Level 1
Level 1

Unable to configure more than 100 VM ports on my unity connection cluster.  In using the 5000 user ova. virtuals on B series.  Both server are exactly the same.  Gives me a not able to on hardware error.  Is there something im missing here. Ive also read the cisco docs. it says in cluster i should be able to configure 200 per node.  - See more at: https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12517601/unable-configure-more-100-vm-ports-my-unity-connection-cluster#comment-10529746

Unable to configure more than 100 VM ports on my unity connection cluster.  In using the 5000 user ova. virtuals on B series.  Both server are exactly the same.  Gives me a not able to on hardware error.  Is there something im missing here. Ive also read the cisco docs. it says in cluster i should be able to configure 200 per node.  - See more at: https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12517601/unable-configure-more-100-vm-ports-my-unity-connection-cluster#comment-10529746

jgracecco
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks Wayne.  for the clarity