cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Express go directly to front desk

Chris Campbell
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible for unity express to forward calls directly to the front desk during the day instead of answering with the auto attendant and then using the auto attendant after hours?

7 Replies 7

Hope you are looking for the below feature.

Cisco Unity Express Time-of-Day Routing

There is often a need to route calls based on time of day. This requirement might apply to routing calls to the AA only during certain times of day (such as after hours) or to routing calls from the AA. Different prompts or information might be given depending on whether the business is currently open or closed.

Call-agent based routing calls to the AA based on time of day was discussed in the "Call-Agent Time-of-Day Routing" section.

You can set up routing calls from the Cisco Unity Express AA based on TOD is a feature introduced in Cisco Unity Express 2.1. Business schedules (Voice Mail > Business Hours Settings) and Holiday lists (Voice Mail > Holiday Settings). These routing calls can guide your system or custom AA prompts and call treatment.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity_exp/design/design21/cuedg21/cueaades.html#wp1011526

Response Signature

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

You can also define time of the day routing using Unity Express scripts which you can apply it under auto attendant. For your reference, I have attached sample scripts which you can modify based on your needs. 

Note: You need Cisco CUE script editor to modify these scripts. You can download script editor from Cisco Support site. 

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

Thank you for that. All I want to do is go directly to the front desk during office hours and go directly to voicemail after hours.

It looks like I need editor software to be able to edit the files and make this work like I want.  I haven't been able to buy a support contract because this product is marked as EOL, so I can't download it.  It doesn't seem like I can do it directly through CUCME either, but I'll keep looking at that angle in case I'm wrong.

Thank you very much for the scripts.  Since I can't get a copy of the editor, could you tell me which script I will need for my basic setup?  I see S1_XfertoOper.aef and S1_Main-OfficeHours.aef.  Do they need any parameters given to them? 

To repeat my needs, all I want to do is go directly to the front desk during office hours and directly to voicemail, or perhaps go to voicemail after 2 rings, outside of office hours.  

Thank you again!

Chris

I see there is a doc file in the zip that I somehow missed.  So the xfer script looks like what I need.  Now I just need to figure out how to get it onto the unity express module.

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

In case you need to configure time of the day routing on CME, you can refer to below post:

https://community.cisco.com/t5/collaboration-voice-and-video/configuring-time-of-day-routing-on-cme/ta-p/3114592 

This may solve your issue.

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

Thank you.  I keep finding examples of it configured for SCCP and not SIP -- I'm using SIP.  I was able to get a night-service activation number going that I can dial into the phones and they display night-service active now.  But they still ring a number of times with that on.  I'll have to check tomorrow if they're going to the correct place.

I'm wondering if I can have night calls forward to a dummy SIP or SCCP dn and then have that dn set for a noan after only one ring.  That would be acceptable to the users.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: