cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity loses ip-pbx ports after reboot and more...

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

Query :-)<br><br>We had to power down our Unity box today for a planned power outage and when we brought it back up some strange things had happened that we're having trouble fixing :-)<br><br>1) Normally we have 16 ports - 1-12 are asssigned to our legacy PBX and 13-16 go to Call Manager. When Unity came back up it has 1-12 assigned to the legacy PBX but only 13-15 assigned to the call manager and it won't let us increase to 16.<br><br>2) (Possibly related to (1) ?) When people call my extension (3505) they get my voice mail - that's good. But when I call the Unity pilot number and/or hit the messages button on my 7960 I get the unity general prompt instead of my login prompt. My extension and integration are set correctly on my subscriber...<br><br>3) Possibly unrelated to any of above :-) Ports 1-6 will not anser the legacy calls - but 7-12 will...<br><br>Help! :-)<br><br>Ken Johnson<br>Mgr. Network Services<br>LeTourneau University<br><br>Ken Johnson<br>Mgr. Network Services<br>LeTourneau University<br>http://www.letu.edu/

4 Replies 4

Not applicable

Additional info which might possibly explain #3 - but I don't know that it helps with 1 and 2...

Looking in the Telephony options there are two instances of the dialogic software - my only theory is possibly this happened during our 3.0.3 upgrade last week? Did I skip an unintallation step before reinstall? I would assume to fix this (if it's causign #3 and even if it's not it probably should be fixed) I should unistall Cisco TSP and dialogic - then reinstall Dialogic - reboot, then install Cisco TSP and reboot twice?

Is there even the slightest chance this would fix #1 and 2 in addition to #3?

- Ken

Ken Johnson
Mgr. Network Services
LeTourneau University
http://www.letu.edu/

Not applicable

Having two instances of Dialogic in TSP-land is going to wreak havoc if you were only doing Dialogic alone. It's entirely possible that this is the root cause of the problems that you are seeing. You can try shutting down Unity and ripping the second instance of Dialogic out of the TSP control panel and restarting. That may or may not do the trick, a full Dialogic uninstall may be in order.

After removing the second instance of Dialogic, try calling the legacy ports one by one and see if they all answer. If they do, then we can move on to troubleshooting the AvCisco TSP ports.

Steve Olivier
Software Engineer
Cisco Systems

Not applicable

Argh! :-)

I uninstalled both implementations of dialogic - and the TSP and rebooted.

Then I installed the dialoigc software from the Unity 3.0.3 Setup Disk 1. Rebooted

Then I installed the cisco TSP from Unity 3.0.3 disk 1 /Cisco directory.

Then I configured the TSP with the call manager IP and port settings.

Then I rebooted twice

Then I set ports 1-12 to legacy PBX and ports 13-16 to Callmanager, rebooted.

Upon coming up - the base 6 dialogic ports on Unity were still not answering - the next six (7-12) were answering. BUt the Call Manager ports wern't answering.

Upon launching Port monitor I can see that when I dial my dialogic lines - they are answering on ports 10-16 - thus stomping on my clal manager ports - even though the admin pages say 13-16 are set to the call manager.

Any recommendations of patient instruction on how to carefully figure out what I did wrong is so wonderfully appreciated :-)

- Ken

Ken Johnson
Mgr. Network Services
LeTourneau University
http://www.letu.edu/

Not applicable

At this point, you're probably going to want to give TAC a call. They can help greatly if there is remote access to the system.

Steve Olivier
Software Engineer
Cisco Systems