cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity time sync

ciscoforum
Level 1
Level 1

Has Cisco have any recommended way to sync the unity from an external time source?

7 Replies 7

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Not sure - but if they don't I'd use the standard Windows stuff:

net time /setsntp:callmanager1

then restart windows time service..

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

but this is not in the script, so when never restart the unity server we have to run this again, is there a way in the script and will sync all the time even after restart the server?

try this on unity sever, where xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is ur ntp server.

From the Control Panel > Scheduled Tasks > Add Scheduled Task and click Next.

When requested to choose a program, select browse and browse to c:\winnt\system32\net.exe

Type in a name for the task "Time Sync"

Choose to perform the task daily and click Next.

Choose a time that you want this to run (Ex. 12:00 am) and click Next.

Enter the username of a user that belongs to the local admin group, enter the appropriate password, and click Next.

(Workgroup or domain)\Administrator

Check the checkbox Open advanced properties for this task and click Finish.

Under the 'Task' tab in the properties window, type

"C:\WINNT\system32\net.exe time \\xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx /set /y"

Next to Run: C:\WINNT\system32\net.exe time \\xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx /set /y

Click OK.

hope this helps.

Thanks for your answer. I tried but the unity still not synced with external ntp source which is a cisco router.

What script are you talking about?

This setting isn't normally lost on a reboot - it configures the NTP server to which the windows time server will attempt to sync continuously.

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Aaron

The script I mentioned actually is like the answer by mikram in this post.

So what's the difference between yours and his?

Btw, I tried your way but time is not synced.

Any tricky thing?

Not normally - although I've never synced it up to a router/switch... usually I sync up to a clock on the internet, there are lots of pages on the web listing them and I usually use a local university...