cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

unity with callmanger should be in one domain or not

abakhashwin
Level 1
Level 1

i have a cluster of 3 callmangers in one workgroup.and also ther is adomain (active directory)for the servers exchange and proxy .i seprate the voice network from the data.

now i wnat to add unity server (unified messaging).

how the unity will contact with the callmangers in the callmangers workgroup.

and with the exchange in the domin (avtive directory).

3 Replies 3

kechambe
Level 7
Level 7

Unity will need to be a member server in the AD domain.

There are no NT level authentication requirements between Unity and CallManager. You can keep the CallManagers in the work group without issue.

Hope that helps,

Keith

thank you Mr Keith

so the unity in Domian .can contact with callmanger in a workgroup.

actuallt i have one vlan(VOICE VLAN) i installed all the callmangers in it with workgroup.

and i have another vlan (DATA VLAN) which have all the servers ,exchange cluster,proxy ,SAN (ACTIVE DIRECTORY). SO WHERE DO YOU RECOMIND TO INSTALL THE UNITY.

AS I TOLD I SEPARATING THE VOICE NETWORK FROM THE DATA ,I MEAN NO ROUTING BETWEEN THE VOICE VLAN AND THE DATA VLAN

There is no comunications between CallManager and Unity at the Domain level. They do not share any information or log into each other. The connection between them is through the TSP. The TSP is used for calls and signalling between the two. They will need to have IP connectivity to each other.

It is highly recommended to have Unity on the same VLAN as the Exchange server. The reason is for reliability and speed. The key thing is the performance needed to make sure there are no delays in sending the RTP streams (voicemail messsages) between Unity and Exchange. The other is to make sure that there are no issues with message notifications from Exchange to Unity.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: