cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unknown Number From external caller

h-bryant
Level 1
Level 1

I setup CCM3.3 with a 2650XM router with an NM-HDV module. I have the FXO EM card in it. I confiure the caller id enable and caller id alerting 1. But caller id is still not working.

My main number is setup on the FXO port that I configured for caller id but it still doesnt work. My PSTN is setup for caller id. Is there a debug to use to see if caller id is seen on the FXO port.

Thanks in advance

Hakam

2 Replies 2

bauzenne
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Hakam:

If you have caller-ID display problems on FXO ports, the following tips may be helpful:

Disconnect the router from the phone line and attach a caller-ID equipped telephone to verify that the CO is sending caller-ID information:

Listen and watch to see when the caller-ID information is displayed: before the first ring, after the first ring, or after the second ring?

Make sure that the router configuration matches the timing of the display. If the phone is answered during the first ring, does this cause the phone not to display the caller-ID information? If so, the CO may be sending the caller-ID information after the first ring, requiring a change to a caller-ID alerting setting. Make sure the router is not configured to answer the call on the FXO before the Caller ID-information is received. If needed, increase the number of rings required before answering.

Use the 'show call history' command to check the information received by the caller ID receiver.

The following debug commands may be useful for analyzing problems:

debug vpm signal

debug vtsp dsp

debug vtsp session

Regards,

Brian

If this is an analog fxo port, and it is configured as an MGCP gateway, caller-ID will not be displayed, it is not supported. You can do a debug mgcp packet and see that the caller id info is being sent on the line between the first and second ring, but there is no way for this to be sent back via mgcp so it is not useful. Another little quirk to this is that if you do configure caller-id enable on the port, and the CO stops sending the caller-id info for some reason, the port will be r/na. I am speaking from recent unpleasant experience, and a TAC case to verify the lack of support in MGCP.

Mary Beth