cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Up to 20 second delay in call setup from IP phone to PSTN

apanesar
Level 1
Level 1

When I place a call from IP phone to IP Phone I get a good call setup response, and I hear the ring back fairly quickly. But when I call a PSTN number, it can take 20 seconds for the call to be made, I think the system is waiting for end of dialled digits too long. Because if I place the same call again by pressing re-dial, the call takes half the time.

3 Replies 3

mschlenger
Level 3
Level 3

In Call Manager, be sure you have a 7-digit route filter assigned to your route pattern. If this is done already, you may want to post your gateway configs.

michael_oldham
Level 1
Level 1

Try pressing # after the digits have dialed. It defaults to the North American number plan of 11 digits and waits a default time of usually 10seconds to make sure all digits have been entered if < 11 digits are entered.

oksiazek
Level 5
Level 5

Hello , you must decrease the interdigit timeout in the Call manager configuration and also put this timeout at value 0 int thge configuration of the gateway . For more information , don't hesitate to ask it

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: