cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

upgrade CUCM from 9 to 11

Mohammed Idris
Level 1
Level 1
I want to upgrade CUCM 9.x to 11.x. Will this be called upgrade or migration? Kindly let me know do I need to have new license or existing licence could be migrated. If yes, how to do it? I do have valid subscription until 2017.

12 Replies 12

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Depends on how you get from 9 to 11, it could be either one. You can review the videos I created, and as I mention, you need to do your due diligence and read the related documentation before doing anything.

https://youtu.be/Ml_z4YUgsBw

https://youtu.be/Kd7dvvP103E

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hello,

Technically, it is working. But how about the licenses?

what can we do if we have not SmartNet contract, but want to upgrade our CUCM fro v9 to v11.

Antra

If the Smartnet contract has expired then engage your Cisco Account team.

Manish

Thanks Jaime, very helpful videos! I have a couple of questions:

- PCD will migrate automatically the database from the old version to the new one we are migrating, right?

- Whats the procedure if you are migrating CUC at the same time - the same as for CUCM or?

- You know that if you are upgrading from 9 to 11 you need a couple of .cop files - ciscocm.version3-keys.cop.sgn and etc. Should we have to upload them to the PCD as well as the bootable images?

Yes, otherwise you'd be just installing a blank VM, it does migrate the DB and the data.

No, CUC does not use PCD for migrate, you use COBRAS (as explained in the CUC documentation)

No, they're not bootable images. Bootable images are only those you use to do a fresh install.

HTH

java

Thanks Jaime! Please check the attached file based on which If I use CUCM 9.1(x) the supported migration method is Unified CM OS Admin. Can I use PCD in this case - 9.1(x) to 11.5(x) when I have v2v from UCS to BE7K?

Yes, you can use PCD for v2v migrations as well.

HTH

java

And last final question - should I add both ESXi hosts under the PCD - the old one from which I want to migrate and the new to which I'm gonna migrate or I should add only the ESXi host to which I'm gonna migrate and only to discover the existing cluster?

Hi Jaime

It seems amazing how PCD can do the job but I have a question, does PCD need some kind of license to do that? or is like COBRAS that doesn´t need a license?

Thanks

Hi Jaime

It seems amazing how PCD can do the job but I have a question, does PCD need some kind of license to do that? or is like COBRAS that doesn´t need a license?

Thanks

Hi there

System Requirements for Installation

As defined in the open virtualization format (OVA) that you must use to install Cisco Prime Collaboration Deployment, the following are the server requirements.

Table 1  Cisco Prime Collaboration Deployment Installation Server Requirements
Requirement Notes
Product Cisco Prime Collaboration Deployment
Version 10.x
CPU 2 vCPUs
Memory 4 GB
Hard Drive 80 GB (one)
Licensing Cisco Prime Collaboration Deployment does not require a license

Hope this helps!

Cheers
Rath!

***Please rate helpful posts***

PCD is free and comes bundled with CUCM, it does require you to meet the ESXi licensing requirements in order to use the APIs that are required.

HTH

java

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: