cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

upgrade from 3.0 to 3.1 new server

unity123
Level 1
Level 1

What is a a way to backup and restore unity specific data like call handlers, subscriber settings if I am upgrading 3.0 to 3.1 new server.

3 Replies 3

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There's no built in backup mechanism for unity data in 3.0 (you can check out theDiRT utilities for 3.1 here: http://www.answermonkey.net/App_DisasterRecoveryTools.htm).

The best thing you can do here is a complete tape backup of your system including the Exchange message store before upgrading.

I beleive DIRT is for the same version restore and 3.1 and above too. If I will take complete backup of system including exchange and unity(3.0) can I restore on the new server with different ip address ,different exchange site, different server name and different version of unity(3.1)

Yes, DiRT is only for 3.1 and only restores only to the same version of Unity. There is no tool that will backup all Unity 3.x data and that will restore to another system with a newer version of Unity on it all in one step.

The best I can sugest is to upgrade your system to 3.1, do a DiRT backup and then migrate over to your new box/domain/Exchange... DiRT can handle this type of migration but you have to stick to the same version for the restore that you backed up.