cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgraded CCM 4.1(3)SR3a ==> SR3b and got MGCP Gateway registration problem

fbrown
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I upgraded CallManager to 4.1(3)SR3b to resolve a call transfer issue, and when the upgrade was completed (no errors) my MGCP gateways wouldn't register. This was remedied by changing the definition of the gateway in CM to include the fully-qualified domain name. Prior to the upgrade the GW was registering fine, without the ".companyname.com".

Description of the problem is "Problem 1" at this link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a00805a316c.shtml

Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks,

Felix

2 Replies 2

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

yes, they will only go with a FQD now. You can edit your CallManager LMSHOST file to make sure callmanager can get to that FQD name. I don't rely on DNS just in case the DNS server is being flaky. The lmhost file on the ccm will resolve this name for the MGCP gateway

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

Felix,

Can you paste a sh host out of your voice gateway?

I have several gateways in my lab running on Sr3b. This issue is not there in any of them. If you have a domain name specified in the gateway, then you definitely need to include them in the mgcp gateway page in CM as well.

Did you add "ip domain-name" into the router any time prior to the upgrade (perhaps somebody else did that you dont know of ?)

HTH

Sankar.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: