cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrading CallManager 3.3.4 to 4.01

bobd100
Level 1
Level 1

When upgrading from 3.3.4 to 4.01 the upgrade fails, with log error, Failed to create CCMUser Windows WebUsers account.

5 Replies 5

Erick Bergquist
Level 6
Level 6

Sounds like a possible permissions issue with account you're using perhaps. Have you disabled and stopped all services as the installation/upgrade guide states?

What OS level is the server at?

Are you doing this locally on the server?

Also, the following field notice goes over the features that will be lost by doing a 3.3(4) to 4.0(1) upgrade.

http://cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_field_notice09186a0080229a8b.shtml

If you mean the following, I do not have any of them.

The following platform agents may interfere with the Cisco CallManager installation: antivirus services,

intrusion detection services (for example, Cisco Security Agent), OEM server agents, server

management agents, VOIP monitoring/performance monitoring, or remote access/remote management

agents. Disabling platform agents and services, such as performance monitoring (for example, NetIQ),

antivirus (Cisco-verified McAfee services), intrusion detection, and remote management services,

ensures that you do not encounter issues that are associated with these services.

I think he means this - but I see it in the 4.0(2) upgrade guide, seems they forgot to add it to 4.0(1) doc, but it looks like it applies -

Disabling RIS Data Collector

Before upgrading to Cisco CallManager Release 4.0 and above, Cisco recommends that the administrator disables the RIS Data Collector to minimize system problems and prevent false alerts. The following procedure describes how to disable the RIS Data Collector.

Mary Beth

Sorry, I did not mean to speak for ebergquist, I had just seen the additional thing about the RIS Data Collector when I was reading the 4.0(1) rls notes yesterday, was overeager to respond. It is in the rls notes, but not in the upgrade guide. Anyway, this does seem more like some kind of permissions thing, I checked me lab machine at 3.3(3), and in Windows it has a group for Webusers, which only has two users - IUSE_Guest and IWAM_Guest, have to do with the IIS Process, then there is the CCMUser account, which is in the Users group. It is also in the SQL Enterprise Manager, using Windows Auth, with access to server. Our production system is 4.0(1)sr2a, and the accounts look the same there. That error almost looks like it was trying to add the CCMUser account to the WebUsers group, which is not how it is set up on either of the boxes I looked at. Maybe someone else has run into this.

Mary Beth

Fixed! I created the group "Webusers" and disabled Cisco RIS Data Collector, and it upgraded just fine.

THANKS TO ALL