Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrading CCM from 3.3 to 4.x

eloy.chio
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

Has anybody run into issues when performing a Call Manager upgrade from 3.3 to 4.0? We've been trying to get an upgrade up and running in a LAB, but keep running into several issues.

1. Upgrade goes smooth, when trying to access the CCMADMIN page we get access denied or page not found.

2. SQL errors reported in Event Viewer, authentication issues. We notice that 4.x uses Windows authentication not SQL authentication.

I have followed the Cisco Doc in detail. Any pointers would be appreciated

5 Replies 5

paul.stephens
Level 1
Level 1

Are you running the CM co-resident with IVR ??

carijit
Level 1
Level 1

b.cozzone
Level 4
Level 4

We are in the same situation, perhaps if we join forces we can get through this quicker!

Are you integrated with AD?

Are you using MLA? If yes, did you disable prior to upgrading?

The Cisco Doc that was sent with the media is not complete, it does not include the necessity of extending the schema, nor does it instruct you to disable MLA prior to the upgrade. I've been told by TAC that the documentation is newer on the website, although I have not been successful in locating it.

We finally got it up and running. The engineer working on the project installed more memory to give it a total of 2 Gig. In talking to a Cisco Engineer, that is what Cisco recommends prior to doing the upgrade. Apparently that fixed the problem.

What kind of server do you have, and how much memory did you start out with? Just so we know what to watch out for...

Thanks

Mary Beth