Helpful
Replies

Urgent: Multiple CCM Cluster with local base call admission

pengkeong.fong
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I need help on the following scenario:

I have 3 CCM cluster in 3 different countries (Singapore,Malaysia,Indonesia) forming a fully-mesh H323 Intercluster Trunk.

Each site is limited to max 6 concurrent On-Net call using Location Based Call Admission.

In Singapore, I have configured my Route-List with 2 Route Group to Malaysia. The first is to H323 Intercluster trunk and the second is to the local PSTN gateway.

When WAN link to Malayisa is down or local bandwidth not enough, it will automatically failover to PSTN. But when remote end, Malaysia bandwidth not enough ( i.e Indonesia establish 6 x Voip to Malaysia),it do not failover to PSTN and i get busy tone.

How do i work around this issue to provide the auto failover to PSTN for remote end bandwidth not enough?

Appreciate you help urgently

Thank you

2 Replies 2

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You establish the automatic failover by implementing AAR. AAR will route calls via PSTN if the location based bandwidth has been used up. To implement AAR:

1. change AAR service paramenters

2. Create AAR groups

3. Create AAR CSSs and Partitions

4. Assign AAR groups, CSS and partitions to the devices

5. Make sure the extenal call mask on the lines is correct mask for the line

Chris

Hi Chris,

Thank you for your reply.

AAR is meant for Centralised Call Processing. Is it applicable for my context? Mine is 3 distributed CCM Cluster. And to call remote IP phone, i will use Intercluster trunk. I did try using AAR before it never get trigger?

Maybe you can share with me more details on how to get it work.

Thank you!