cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Using 7940 as intercom

rwamstutz
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to use a 7940 and "page" someone to a direct phone? What I mean, I would like to be able to paging someone over their phone and the message is output through the speakerphone. Is this possible?

6 Replies 6

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Rob,

One easy way to do this is to install a DN (non DID) on line 2 of the 7940 that is set to Auto Answer on Speakerphone.(Under Directory number settings).

From any other phone dial the new DN which auto answers using the speakerphone and your good to go!

Hope this helps!

Rob

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Rob's way works also. Here is another example. It's called PLAR Private Line Automatic Ringdown. (mouth full for intercom)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_configuration_example09186a0080232b9f.shtml

the automatic ringdown, just automatically calls a # when the phone is taken off hook.

Is it possible to send a page across all phones at the same time?

For true paging, you should be looking at third party apps such as Berbee Informacast or IPCelerate or something similar.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

we have paging, but would like to see if its possible to sent audio accross the phone, so if the President was at his desk, the receptionist could send a page to his phone, that would just have the receptionist take and tell him he has a visitor rather than call.....

yeah, that is true, but I use it for Exec Secretary and the VPs. The Sec can press line 2 and it will auto pickup in his/her office. Poor man's intercom.

The Berbee and other systems work well for overhead paging. Im using the Citrix Application Gateway also at one client. Works well.

Another option is to place phones in hallways, or common areas and have these on some sort of PLAR or all on the same one. Works also.