cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

using MXE 3500 to transcode video for 4310

richard Beck
Level 1
Level 1

I have an MXE3500 (3.3.0) and I am having issues transcoding a video for use on a 4310. I can transcode video for 4400G (using the 4400 profile) just fine but when I transcode a video for a 4310 (using either the 4300 or 4400 profile) the video plays for ~1sec and stops.

EDIT: The video I am transcoding is a 1080P WMV file. I need to keep the video at 1080P.

Can someone help me resolve this issue?

Thanks

Richard

6 Replies 6

sdhanral
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Richard,

1) Is it possible to post your Video or probably send the link where the Video is hosted ?

2) Also please attach the "Show Job XML" from the Job Status to this post.

Thanks,

Sagar Dhanrale

Link to a small test file.

http://www.vidanthealth.com/temp/CiscoTest4300.zip

XML is attached

Thanks!

Richard,

1) Please send me the source file and not the transcoded file.

2) Are you using FTP watch for the ingest or SUI (Simple UI) ?

Thanks,

Sagar Dhanrale

Source File

http://www.vidanthealth.com/temp/wildlife_src.zip

no matter what (WMV) file I drop in and transcode it will not play on the 4310.

Neither. I setup a standard Folder Watch on a shared folder on the MXE. I have one setup for the 4400 and it works. I can play those files fine on a 4400.

Richard,

Have you tried to use the Video created from DMP 4400 Profile on the 4310 ? Does that video work on the 4310 ?

We may have to investigate and debug this particular issue, I would recommend opening a TAC case to take a deeper dive.

I will try to replicate this too.

Thanks,
Sagar Dhanrale

Richard,

I did a lab replication and used your Source video and transcoded using the DMP_4300 profile. It outputs a file of size =

22.7 MB on disk (22,707,016 bytes). I then took that file and FTP'd it to the usb_1 directory on the DMP and used the following URL in the Media URL section :

file:///tmp/ftproot/usb_1/Wildlife_Cisco_DMP_4300_1.mpg

It works fine on a DMP 4310 running 5.3.4

I'm not sure how what is going on in your DMP. May be you can try to FTP to the DMP using "binary" mode instead of Ascii.

Let me know.

Sagar Dhanrale

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: