Helpful
Replies

Using preference between pots and voip dial-peer

Ayad
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have two voice gateways :

1) A 3660 ( version 12.3(2)T) in the home office.

2) and 2620 (version 12.2(29) in the remote site with two FXO card.

In the remote site, I want make call locally and if these 4 lines busy or there is another problem, to route calls to voice gateway in the home site. For this, i have used two ways :

1- configure many (4) pots dial-peer (

To the PSTN) with the preference 1

- configure 1 voip dial-peer to the

gateway in the home site with

prefrence 2 and same destination as

pots.

2- Configure ,in the CCM, a Route list

with a Grouplist that contain these

two gateways as H323 gateway . ( the

remote voice gateway is the fisrt in

the RL.

But, with these two config i have always a busy tone if the 4 line ( 4 FXO ports) are busy !!

Please, how to resolve this situation ?

Thanks,

3 Replies 3

dgahm
Level 8
Level 8

Check your remote site H323 gateway configuration in CCM. Do you have a calling search space with permissions to call the PSTN? Is the Significant Digits set to All (or at least the number of digits sent from the router)?

If the config is good try a reset on the gateway.

Ayad
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

The problem is not with the PSTN calls. I make calls to PSTN locally in the remote site (4 FXO ports), but when these ports are busy, i want to route next call to VG in the home site across voip dial-peer.

I have used route list also, but didn't much.

Thanks,

Standard gateway images, like IP Plus allow you go go from inbound pots to outbound pots, and inbound voip to outbound pots dial-peers.

You need IP-to-IP Gateway software to go from inbound voip dial-peer to outbound voip dial-peer.

Can you elaborate on the the route-list / route-group configuration that failed?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: