cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Using T1 WIC with Drop and insert. Correct application??

rodekholm
Level 1
Level 1

I am crossing a couple of platforms and technologies, and I want to understand if I can make something work. Traditionally, in Telecom and more specifically 2-way radio systems, we use a MUX'ing device that takes the individual timeslots (DS0's) and mux them up to a T1/DS1. Well, it's the 21st century, and we want to start moving forward to the IP Systems, as they offer some great features.

So here's my scenario and question. I have 4 sites that all connect in a SPUR type of configuration. Full T1 goes to site A, drops 6 ds0's, then passes the remaining 18 ds0's onto site B. Site B keeps 6 DS0's, and passes the remaining 12 onto 2 other site that spur from it. Can I do this with voice grade, Drop and Insert versions of the T1 WIC?

Here is a picture of what i'm trying to achieve.

MPT-IP using only routers-1.png

Thoughts, ideas, comments or anything else that may help me would be appreciated!!

And thatnk you in advance...

4 Replies 4

rodekholm
Level 1
Level 1

Also, if there is another application/device that will do this, please let me know as well. Our thoughts or hopes were to use either a 2800 series router or possibly a CGR Series.

The best approach would be that you engage a reputable consultant, or UC certified Cisco partner.

Designing and implementing LMR systems is not easy, an the details of doing that are largely ouside the scopt of a mostly practical user forum like this.

While I appreciate the pitch for a cusultants pocket, I want to know if it is possible. I'm not asking for someone to do a config. I'm asking if this scenario is possible, before I go and as our folks to make it happen.

Thank you.

Yes, it's possible. However, it is more efficient, simpler and economical, to full VoIP rather than drop and insert.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: