cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VG200s and fax machines

mreilly
Level 1
Level 1

I am currently have my vg200's running as mgcp gateways for analog fax machines. (I know that this is not supported and not supposed to work but it does) There are some minor glitches with it but for the most part it works. I am looking to reconfigure these gatways using H.323 and wanted to see what IOS versions people are running. Right now on the software center you can download 12.2.8T1 but I have heard there are some issues with this version, and that I should wait for 12.2.8T3 to be released for vg200's. Is anyone running 12.28t1 and how do you have your vg200's configured(pass-through or fax-relay)

3 Replies 3

pramesh
Level 1
Level 1

For the Vg200 platform, pass-through and fax-relay features are expected to be available in 12.2.10T !!

Hi,

I tried fax-relay with a VG200 with IOS 12.2(3). Just worked fine. It does not yet support T.38 so the command to chose between "cisco" and "t38" is missing, but it works (with cisco).

I did not a thorough test, so there may be some bugs flying around :-)

Cheers,

Martin

jeff.bankston
Level 1
Level 1

We're using 12.2.6a in our VGs for fax pass-thru, and it works fine in our H.323 network. Call Mgr defines our gateways as H.323, and uses appropriate dial peers to route LD calls out the FR to corporate first for off-netting, then the PRI next for local faxes. But, we had to set "fax rate disable" in all VOIP peers to fix some wierd issues where older fax machines were concerned.

-Jeff