cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Video calls rejected with reason of Invalid permission

Jeremy McCarthy
Level 1
Level 1

I have a DX80 that is registered to CUCM and I have run into an issue where the call to WebEx is being rejected. From the system, I dial into a WebEx (ex. 123456789@company.webex.com) which goes CUCM==>Expressway C==>Expressway E. The call is SIP for both legs of the call on the call detail record on the Expressway and the call connects.

It was recently discovered that the calls to a certain company are not working. The call is made (ex. 123456789@certaincompany.webex.com) and the call fails almost immediately. I checked the Expressway call detail record and find that instead of just two legs, there are three. It appears that the call is identified as an H323Id and the call fails with a reason of Invalid permission and a Cause of Insufficient privilege. This is only happening on WebEx calls to that one company! Has anyone else seen this before or have any idea as to why the calls to this company's WebEx are being altered?

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jeremy McCarthy
Level 1
Level 1

This was a problem with the configuration of the system. At one point in time someone made a Call Policy rule on the VCS that rejected all calls to any number that began with a nine (9). The WebEx meetings that users were trying to join all began with a nine, so the VCS rejected all of the calls.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Jeremy McCarthy
Level 1
Level 1

This was a problem with the configuration of the system. At one point in time someone made a Call Policy rule on the VCS that rejected all calls to any number that began with a nine (9). The WebEx meetings that users were trying to join all began with a nine, so the VCS rejected all of the calls.