cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Video Conferencing QoS Type?

p-hiraoka
Level 1
Level 1

I have a T-1 link between a 3660 running 12.0(7)XK1 and a 2611 running 12.0(3)T3. All my internet and data traffic run across this T-1 between sites and also my video conferencing. We are using Polycom H.323 units. I've read several of the QoS documents, but am still confused on which way is the best to go. There are issues with the video conferencing when a large file is being transmitted. Any specific ideas to help with this?

11 Replies 11

s-doyle
Level 3
Level 3

zabriskis
Level 1
Level 1

Try implementing the Cisco MCM, it will prioritize H.323 traffic onthe links.

If you do not have a pure Cisco network look at CSU from ADC that support Service point, they can filter and prioritize packets on the WAN links.

al_pruitt
Level 1
Level 1

Have you looked at LLQ Low latency Queuing. I have a similar configuration using the PolyCom units in 8 locations and have had very good luck.

How do u implement the QOS?

U are running on what type of network? Is it IP/ISDN/ATM/Frame relay?

What model of router u used?

What is the bandwidth of your WAN link..?

Can u e-mail to me the example of configuration..?

Why don't you post the configuration of your wan I.E. topology, whether or not it's atm or atm-frame CIR's pt to pt etc. These things all factor in when someone is recommending help to you. No one can give you a good answer until that stuff is cleared up first.

At that point, I am sure you can get better answers to your question.

Regards,

Chris

If my network base on frame relay,one center and 17 branchoffice,how i apply QoS? LLQ can apply on frame relay ,or cannot?

thanks

aglowack
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You should classify your video traffic as IP Prec. 4 and service the traffic out of a LLQ. Provision the queue with the data rate of the call plus 18%. You can reference the Cisco QoS quide at http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/ip_tele/avvidqos/index.htm

Alan

I understand that LLQ works in conjunction with FRTS. I also understand that FRTS, once applied, will set every subinterface into a default class unless otherwise specified. In our design, the FRTS would have to be applied to a physical interface with about 100+ other subinterfaces. We don't want to risk effecting the throughput on those other interfaces.

Is there another way to apply QoS on frame relay so as not to interrupt other subinterfaces?

Thanks.

One option to consider is the application specific routing (ASR) feature available in the Cisco MCM/QoS Proxy. It can segregate H.323 traffic and send it to a specific wan port.

aglowack
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

With the versions of code you mentioned above LLQ is not an option, 12.1X is required for LLQ. You need to implement queuing of some type to address your issue. If you could go to 12.1 I would suggest using LLQ and using a priority statement to insert your video calls into a PQ. You could try CBWFQ and see if that helps.

I was use 120-7.T for apply llq in FR. but my problem is that service-policy comand it is not apply to map-class for a VC. only It is apply to serial interface. It is very important for llq work or only of this form the llq is apply to all VC of the serial interface

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: