cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Video Conferencing with Interactive display

Richard Greig
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone tried using an interactive display as the second display for a video conferencing device?

Use case would be a standard VC meeting, however the host can operate the content PC from the content screen.

Would be great if the WebEx boards could be connected to a secondary screen, for full screen far end video 😔

5 Replies 5

Mike_Brezicky
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
It would have been nice for the Boards to have an HDMI out to add a second screen. For now, we can setup companion mode - essentially pairing a Webex Board with a Room Kit in the same room. This allows the board to focus on white boarding while the room kit handles the Video Conference.

Thanks Mike - yes, working to test this out (going through the NDA process as it seems to still be in EFT).

Have you had a go yourself?

One part I'm interested in is how it works with a single screen VC (e.g. room kit mini), but also controlling a PC.

Most common use case requested is for the presenter to be able to change slides while standing next to the presentation screen, but also mark up if needed.

Single Screen should be fine - with the Room Kit Dual screen, the second display shows the screen share, and is basically a mirror of the Webex Board. So I assume if I only had a single screen, it would still keep the PC share on the webex board able to be annotated at any time.

Thanks again – will give it a go.
Hoping it doesn’t put the single screen into picture in picture etc 😊

Mike, how exactly is Companion Mode configured? I haven't been able to find any documentation of it.