cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

viewing calls on 3825 switch

kdotten36
Level 3
Level 3

I can use the 'debug isdn q931' command with a 'term mon' to view all calls going out and in on our Local PRI, but I can't see any of the calls going through the Long Distance PRI. Both lines are plugged into the 3825 but in different T cards. It's become important to troubleshooting a call routing problem. Can anyone help?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Also, since you are using callmanager, you could make sure your trace level is set to detailed, wait for a quiet time, and see if the call is ever getting sent over to the route list associated with the LD trunk.

Mary Beth

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

maharris
Level 5
Level 5

What is doing the call routing? Is this CME, or are these gateways registered to a CM? If one were a h323 gateway and the other MGCP, you would see this kind of result, since the Q931 messaging on MGCP is backhauled to the CM. But, more likely, you are only sending calls out your LD, not receiving them, and maybe not really sending any calls towards it. Post a few more details about your setup, and what you are doing/experiencing when this fails. Maybe post a scrubbed config, too.

Mary Beth

Call Manager does routing. h323 gateways registered to CM.

I found out that the Long Distance line is a T not a PRI so the debug isdn command doesn't apply to it. The best I have is “sho voice call sum” but that's barely readable. Do you know if there's a way to show real-time call info on the T?

debug vpm signal

That's still showing me the 2 Local PRIs and not the long distance T.

well, you will see some things with a debug voip vtsp all, or debug voice vtsp all if nothing shows up with the first one, but that will only be if you are actually passing anything. What does a sh voice call sum look like, do your channels look normal? Do you see any activity when you think you are sending a call that way? debug voip ccapi inout will show you what dial peers are matching when you do a call attempt.

Mary Beth

Also, since you are using callmanager, you could make sure your trace level is set to detailed, wait for a quiet time, and see if the call is ever getting sent over to the route list associated with the LD trunk.

Mary Beth

voip vtsp all did it thanks. Also I forgot to mention, I already resolved the call routing problem this morning. Turns out I made a rookie mistake and forgot to reload the gateway after making the routing change. After that it just became the need to watch call activity on that T. Thanks again.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: