Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Viruses & Patechs

I am having an issue with viruses on our network. Need to patch our servers, call manager, and unity. Could you please tell me know what are the patches that I have to apply and what is the safest procedure for applying them?

Thanks,

1 Reply 1

gpulos
Level 8
Level 8

first off,

it is best practice to use the SRs, Patches and Hotfixes for CCM and Unity that are supplied by Cisco.

the safest way to apply the patches/hotfixes for your CCM & Unity require is to look for them on CCO, verify the status and applicability to your environment and then download & apply.

you can get these for your specific versions of CCM & Unity from http://cisco.com, in the downloads section.

(this requires a CCO login)

cisco takes the MS Windows patches, etc and puts them through their testing, etc. with their CCM & Unity products. then they package these up and put them on CCO for download.

cisco does not support upgrading, patches or hotfixes that are not supplied by them.

(although they may seem to work, i'd stay away from the practice of using non-Cisco supplied patches, etc.)

cisco is really good with updating the latest patches & hotfixes and supplying them when Microsoft comes out with new ones.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: