cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Voice and Faxing

michael.crocker
Level 1
Level 1

I currently have a 3662 router with two controllers in it supplying 3 PRI's and 2 digital modem banks. This is for user dialup and remote office ISDN connectivity. My question is the following:

I would like to be able to use the Store and Foward FAX feature from this router to accept and send faxes. We purchased an NM-HDV Voice and FAX network module to install and also will need to get the PVDM's to install in it. Will this work with our current setup for faxing (no phone calls) or will we need to purchase a VIC card to install in the NM-HDV to get our voice ports??

FYI, we have MICA modems so we can't receive faxes on them, supposedly we can only send them but I haven't tried to configure that yet. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Michael

1 Reply 1

vmoopeung
Level 5
Level 5

Details regarding fax is given in the below document, I am not sure whether it work in a CCS mode , may be you require CAS signalling

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1835/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a0080080b67.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: