Views
Helpful
Replies

Voice mail profile & MWI

darren.staples
Level 1
Level 1

CCM 3.3.4sr2 (os 2000.2.6sr5) + Unity 4.0.4

can not get a voicemail profile to provide the MWI when applied on non primary line.

example:

create voil mail profile with mask of 6010 (VM only DN) then apply that profile to (any line) the second line of a 7960 IP phone. when press line 2 and messages button, it prompts for my password for 6010 mailbox - good. But will not display MWI or message icon when have new mail. Does for primary line or shared line appearence (line 3).

have also tried applying to new IP phone (7960) with DN of 3355 and associated the 6010 voice mail profile to it and get same results.

have check most of the services and think have set up correctly ?

any hints would be apprecriated

end result is have 2 voice mail accounts 6010 & 6013

(do not have DN on CCM)

applied to a single IP phone 3355 - using a VM profile with a VM mask of 601X.

3355 is also a call handler in Unity

press 1 for 6010

press 2 for 6013

is this possible or a better way ?

cheers

6 Replies 6

pbarman
Level 5
Level 5

In Unity Administrator, under the Subscriber Profile settings, go to MWI Extensions, and Add the real phone extension where you want the MWI to lit, ie, 3355.

Thanks, forgot about the MWI under messages

problem:

When either receives a new voicemail – lights the MWI

Only problem is when one clears their messages, it clears the MWI

Until a refresh (resync) is initiated.

I create a voicemail profile (say for 6010) and assign it to a DN (one that does not already have a voicemail), it prompts me (that line selected when pressing vm button) for the password for 6010 - which it does. But should it not also light the MWI ?

The default behavior is for the phone to only indicate message waiting with the light on the primary line of the phone (button 1). If you want it to display the MWI light on all lines, you need to enable that option on the line itself. You would do this at the bottom of the screen, where it says Message Waiting Lamp Policy. You would need to change this to "Light and Prompt," which would light the Message Waiting Indicator, as well as placing the MWI next to the line button (represented by the little envelope icon).

Is the MWI extension under messages for both the subscribers in Unity set as 3355 ?

If so, please change the extension for one of them to the second line of the IP Phone and see if that helps.

Regards,

Anup

appreciate the advise, but this is a single line phone (7912) and no policy control for MWI.

Thanks, forgot about the MWI under messages

problem:

When either receives a new voicemail – lights the MWI

Only problem is when one clears their messages, it clears the MWI

Until a refresh (resync) is initiated.

I create a voicemail profile (say for 6010) and assign it to a DN (one that does not already have a voicemail), it prompts me (that line selected when pressing vm button) for the password for 6010 - which it does. But should it not also light the MWI ?