cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Voice over IP

guy.whitehouse
Level 1
Level 1

I am using VIC 2FXS modules on a cisco 2600 (version 12.0.7T.

When i connect a phone to the module, the telephone continously rings.

How can i stop that ?

Thanks in advance

5 Replies 5

ckossmey
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is definitely not correct behavior. There have been lots and lots of changes to IOS voice and DSP code since 12.0(7)T. I would reccomend upgrading to the latest 12.1 mainline release available, which is 12.1(16).

Just for a quick sanity-check, what module is the VIC plugged into?

Regards,

Clay

Hi Clay

Thanks for your response.

I am using NM-1V and the VIC-2FXS

I am also using a rj11 to rj45 converter off the router. Is it possible that this is a cable/pinout issue ?

Guy

Hi Guy -

I think it's unlikely that this would be a cabling issue. I can't think of a pinout that would cause this problem. Does the same thing happen on both of the FXS ports?

What happens if you plug a regular analog phone directly into the router?

Regards,

Clay

Hi Clay

Thanks for your response.

I am using NM-1V and the VIC-2FXS

I am also using a rj11 to rj45 converter off the router. Is it possible that this is a cable/pinout issue ?

Guy

eyabane
Level 1
Level 1

check the light indicators on the FXS card. If the "in use" light is constantly up while the phone is ringing, then reboot the router and observe the boot process to make sure the correct hardware is identified by the system. It could just be a hardware/software incompatibility (like the wrong driver is being loaded for that card). Check the supported hardware for the version of IOS that you are running and make sure the card you are using is supported on the router platform.

E.