cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VOICE, Sharing On Board NIM DSP Resource for IP Phone Services

Emily Sharrard
Level 1
Level 1

I am working through configuring new 4451-X routers to support voice.  I have 1 pvdm in the NIM Card.  This gateway has slots on the motherboard for the PVDM and a slot on the NIM.  I have relocated the PVDM to the NIM.

My question is, when I enable the card, will it automagically share its DSP resources, for IP Phones Services (Conference, Transcoding, ect.)?

It doesn't appear so.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Configuration is the same for both. With the PVDM4 you just need to find the correct slot where it is installed using a "show inventory".

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Brad Martin
Level 3
Level 3

I have a similar setup on a 4321 router with pvdm installed on NIM to support local pri. I was able to configure conferencing and transcoding resources on the router in addition to configuring mgcp pri.

Hi Brad, thanks for your response.

Did you have to do anything beyond what you would do for a 3900 series router?  Or just configure resources like normal?

The 3900 series routers use the PVDM3 modules which only are installed on the motherboard and are shared between vwics and voice services. The 4000 series routers use the PVDM4 modules.

Yep, I get that.

I am just wondering if there is a difference in configuration if you are only installing a PVDM 4 on the NIM when it comes to MTP, XCoding and Conferencing.  I didn't see anything in the documentation.

Configuration is the same for both. With the PVDM4 you just need to find the correct slot where it is installed using a "show inventory".

Thank you SOOOO much for the confirmation!