Views
Helpful
Replies

Voice sip configuration for 4451 router

joel.a.elias
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I currently have a challenge. I am in the process of upgrading a 2911 router to 4451 to enable WAN throughput capabilities. 
I realised the new 4451 is not licensed accordingly to support voice and sip configuration.

Could anyone advise if i will require additional hardware to enable the voice commands ?

thanks in advance!

Joel

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

R0g22
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
You need "uck9" license to use the voice feature set on the IOS first thing. Post this if you need to use a TDM to IP termination, you would need DSP's as well which are hosted on a PVDM card.
If this will be used as a CUBE or IP to IP GW, then you don't need any DSP's but would required CUBE RTU licenses.

View solution in original post

Right. uck9 would be a physical/hard copy license that you would need to install on the router. For CUBE license, these are honor based/paper license only. You need to pay for the CUBE feature.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

R0g22
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
You need "uck9" license to use the voice feature set on the IOS first thing. Post this if you need to use a TDM to IP termination, you would need DSP's as well which are hosted on a PVDM card.
If this will be used as a CUBE or IP to IP GW, then you don't need any DSP's but would required CUBE RTU licenses.

Thanks Nipun, Thanks for confirming that! 

Based on the configuration i am only doing pass through. Could you assist in confirming by reviewing the old router configuration ?

Attached.

Thanks in advance!

What do you mean by pass through ?

HI again! Further to my previous comment. 

Does that mean i will require 2 licenses ? 
uck9 and cube license ?

Thanks 

Right. uck9 would be a physical/hard copy license that you would need to install on the router. For CUBE license, these are honor based/paper license only. You need to pay for the CUBE feature.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: