cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Voicemail indication not updating

amknnd
Level 1
Level 1

my unity 4.0(4) was crashed. since i reinstalled with backup i was having, i m not able see any indication on IP phones when any new message received immy mailbox.

there were few phones for those red light was glowing before unity crashed. when i checked i was able to retrive all my voice mails, but after deleting all those red light still glows on phone. i.e. Indication on IPphone for voice mail is not updating.

any pointers toward this.

Reagrds,

3 Replies 3

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

In your CallManager you should have MWI on/off numbers configured (under Features/VoiceMail I think in the CCMAdmin pages). Check that there's both MWI on and off numbers configured, and note down the numbers.

Then go to your Unity box, and go to the start menu/Unity/Manage Telephony Integrations (or something like that)...

In this program, you should see your voice mail port settings - you need to check that the MWI on/off numbers are configured here, and that at least one port has 'MWI' ticked in the list of ports...

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Thanks a lot ....i checked it, while reinstalling i didnt changed the default MWI (1000 & 1001) number in Unity, in previous configuration it was configured with different no.(6100 & 6101)

When i checked it in CCM, old MWI were there.

It means there was a conflict.

I made a change in CCM. but i want to restore the old number in unity, is it possible to change it in UNITY. I tried doing that...but Unity didnt accepted it so i changed it in CCM.

Please help me again.

Thanks

It doesn't matter what the numbers are so long as the Unity and CCM match up; also make sure that the numbers are not used by any other devices.

Go to CCM, and decide the numbers that you want to use for MWI on/off. In unity, open Utim (\commserver\Utilities\Utim\UTIM.exe) and set the MWI on/off code to be the same. You will have to restart Unity.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: