cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Voicemail messages cannot be heard

ssmith222
Level 1
Level 1

We have many occurrences of a problem I found on the forum; but I could not find a workable solution for us. This morning we have been bombarded with people that cannot get their voicemail from their phone set. Their MWI is lit and when they call up the system says they have new message/s they go to hear them the message is skipped. The system re-promts that they have new messages. They try again and the scenario repeats. We are running 3.1(2)/with exchange 2000 on box, AD off box. We have 2747 users, none using Outlook or OWA. I have over 900 calls so far; I am looking for something I can do globally to correct this. I did restart Unity and do not seem to be getting any new occurrences.

Thanks,

Stan

4 Replies 4

neal.miller
Level 1
Level 1

Stan, I had this problem at one of our facilities. What I think it is/was is a corrupt exchange database issue. The only thing that was able to work for us was to purcahse another server and rebuild from scratch. It was unfortunate but that was all we could do.

hth

Neal

Try this one, it is recently published technote.

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/788/AVVID/msg_offer_notplayed.html

cstephens
Level 1
Level 1

We experienced this problem when using Norton Antivirus on the Exchange server. The fix was as posted in the reply below.

ssmith222
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you all for your replies. I ended up upgrading to 3.1(5). All the messages that could not be heard on the TUI could be heard after the upgrade.

Thanks again,

Stan Smith

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: