cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Voicemails no longer forwarding to email.

Darius Byrd
Level 1
Level 1

I'm kinda confused on exactly what stop emails from forwarding from one of our users. All she did was change her greeting and she stop receiving voicemails. I check her message actions and for voicemails settings are Accept and Relayed to her SMTP email address which is correct.

I'm kinda stuck on what to check and do next.

5 Replies 5

garry.engle
Level 1
Level 1

Are you sure she's actually getting voicemails recorded since? I ask because it's possible to turn off the announcement to leave a message after the beep. If that's off, the caller might not realize to leave a message after her new greeting.  

garryengle_0-1668626407415.png

Darius Byrd
Level 1
Level 1

Yeah, they are getting voicemails on Webex and Phone, they just aren't relaying to the emails

Have you checked, if Unity can send the messages to the smart host?
Can you ping the smart host? Or see something in the logs or connection attempts of Unity or the smart host?

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Assuming other users are getting their voicemails relayed to email, I suggest looking at the SMTP smarthost logs. Does it receive the email? Is it, or some other element of the email infrastructure, quarantining it?

Darius Byrd
Level 1
Level 1

I'm checking those today and will let yall know.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: