cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Want to be on Jimmy Kimmel Live?

hcaldwel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Gone are the days when you need to be "live" to be on a TV show - now you can do it via Cisco software...

With Cisco technology, Jimmy Kimmel Live is changing the fan experience by elevating fans from watching to being a “part” of the show through true video immersion – “on TV” from anywhere, on any device… And you can catch the Wall of America on Jimmy Kimmel Live regularly throughout the rest of the year.

The “Wall of America”, located on the Jimmy Kimmel Live set in Hollywood, and powered by Cisco, will allow viewers in the US to video call from any device for an opportunity to be on the live broadcast. Through Cisco’s Jabber Guest, any participant with a browser and a camera will be able to click a link and have the possibility of joining the live broadcast. The producers will choose viewers to appear on the video wall, extending the live studio experience to viewers at home. Up to 20 different fans can be a part of the video wall simultaneously. Sound too good to be true? Check out the debut of the “Wall of America” on the Jimmy Kimmel Live show:

If you happen to get on Jimmy Kimmel Live's Wall of America  - let us know!  Will you be applying to try and get on?

* As a CCP member, make sure you are subscribed to all boards (discussions, documents, blogs, videos, and events so you always get the latest information from the program.
8 Replies 8

ahagerma1
Level 1
Level 1

Heather, this is really cool! I'm curious as to how they made this work behind the scenes! Can you share details please?

Thanks!

Hi Aaron -

Actually - I'm hoping to post a video fairly soon about behind the scenes and how this works.  Give me a couple of days and I'll alert you when it's up!

Thanks,

Heather

* As a CCP member, make sure you are subscribed to all boards (discussions, documents, blogs, videos, and events so you always get the latest information from the program.

There is white paper on the technology and how it was engineered on the community

Thanks

Srini

Can you link me? My searches have turned up empty

Thank you, but I get an "unauthorized" message when trying to access that link. Can it be hosted elsewhere or can I be granted access?

Hi Aaron – in looking at the link that was shared, this is located on the Partner community. I’m looking right now to see if there is a customer facing document that I can share with you. Thanks for your patience!

~ Heather

Hi Aaron - Cisco just released this video that might help?  Behind the scenes look at Jimmy Kimmel Live's Wall of America

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: