Replies

web and/or video server for DMP4400G

abiolaadefila
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have set up DMM running Cisco digital sign to manage DMP4400Gs

How do i setup the DMM to push web pages from a local web server to the DMPs

How do i setup the DMM to  prerecorded video files stored on a local PC to the DMPs

Thanks for the anticipated support

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

well, this will be typically the root folder of your apache server.

e.g for windows look for the /htdocs

for linux /var/www/html

though, if you are handling a big dmm project then it's advisable to create subfolder under the root folder like:

/video

/images

So overall, the content will be accessible using the e.g http:///video/.

then you can simply add the Vod on the DMM library using the above link and avoid downloading it directly to the DMM

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

panayiotiscy
Level 4
Level 4

hello abiolaadefila,

it seems that this is your first dms approach!

but let me give you some initial tips

1)How do i setup the DMM to push web pages from a local web server to the DMPs: you can simply create an advanced task : Go to url and inser the desired local web pages using their url

2) How do i setup the DMM to  prerecorded video files stored on a local PC to the DMPs:

This is a vod scenario. you can either a) upload the desired video to the dms library and then add the video in your presentation or b) host the desired video in your local web server and stream the video to the player using it's url

Hello Panayiotiscy,

Thanks for your mail. I have a file server on the network and exploring ways i can set it up to stream the prerecorded video files from it to the DMPs through the DMM.

Being trying to install Darwin streaming server but have issues with completing the installation.

Any idea on how to go about this? or any other option

Thanks in advance

hello Abiolaadefila,

I'm sorry but i cant tell much about the darwin for i have no experience with .

though, i can tell you that you will only need the darwin server if you are going to stream using rstp protocol.

In our case, we are using http streaming for mpg,jpg,png files....

I hope that helps

Hi,

Thanks

I am trying to our APache Web server at the moment. i have installed it. NOt sure where to place the video files?

Any ideas

well, this will be typically the root folder of your apache server.

e.g for windows look for the /htdocs

for linux /var/www/html

though, if you are handling a big dmm project then it's advisable to create subfolder under the root folder like:

/video

/images

So overall, the content will be accessible using the e.g http:///video/.

then you can simply add the Vod on the DMM library using the above link and avoid downloading it directly to the DMM

Hello,

Thanks alot. It worked for me

i m glad i could be of your assistance.

good luck with the rest of the DMS :-)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: