cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WebEx and Tandberg 880 MXP

Tom Herrera
Level 1
Level 1

I am curious to know if there would be a way to utilize our Tandberg 880 MXP camera endpoints with WebEx - basically use the cameras as a way to broadcast a room full of participants within a WebEx session. Now that Cisco owns both of the vendors involved I thought this forum would be a good place to ask. If there is a better place please let me know.

Thanks in advance for any assistance you may be able to provide.

4 Replies 4

barry
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Tom

This isn't an exact answer to your question, however I recently got a Tandberg system fully integrated with Cisco MeetingPlace Express for video calling. It worked fine - and established multi party calls with other video enabled endpoints such as CIPC/CUVA.

Our Tandberg system was routing the calls into MPX over H.323 via a CUCM cluster. No special configuration required on either the Tandberg, or on MPX. Video was negotiated as part of the call setup.

In theory, this is all standards based stuff, so I would actually be suprised if it didn't work, providing you can get IP connectivity between your Tandberg endpoints and WebEx.

HTH. Barry

Tom,

Also take a look at Cisco TelePresence WebEx One Touch.  This allows WebEx users to see TelePresence users.  The video stream is one way from TelePresence to WebEx so the TelePresence users don't see the WebEx users directly.  TelePresence rooms can join the WebEx session to share and then they will be able to see the WebEx users.  This option also provides a One Button to Push to launch both WebEx and TelePresence from a TelePresence device making gettingto the meeting very easy. 

I think this option might be what you need.

John

Tom Herrera
Level 1
Level 1

Barry and John,

Thanks for the feedback. I will take a look at the options you have each suggested. As I think you both understood from the original post I was wondering if there is a way to use the Tandbergs in a fashion that would be analogous to the way a webcam is used in a WebEx session on a desktop or laptop. I didn't think it would be possible, but it never hurts to ask, eh?

The Cisco MeetingPlace and TelePresence options look to be a bit more involved, but none the less will be worth at least a look.

Thanks again for your help! It is much appreciated.

Tom

Hi Tom

It may be easier than you think.

I was using MPX as an example of a video server (same as WebEx).

We also tested and got working IP Communicator / Video Advantage calling directly into the Tandberg for point to point video / auido calling.

Barry

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: