Very new to this but I've recently had Webex integration installed to work with my VC unit which is a Tandberg MXP3000. Everything works fine apart from when i share content (display presentation) it is unreadable and incredibly blurry. Whenever i connect over an MCU or point to point and display presentation it works absolutely fine, clear quality but whenever i try this over a webex call it looks horrible on the screen (although on the webex share screen it looks fine).
It works perfectly on a C40 unit on the same network but doesn't work on an MXP3000, any ideas?
Apologies if this is the wrong place to post this too - Any advice would be much appreciated.
I do recall seeing a bug somewhere about content shared to Webex from older endpoints. I will see if I can find the reference to it for you.
But, as the MXP 3000 is a very old endpoint model that went end of support over a year ago (31 May 2017), you may want to consider looking at replacing it with something more current and supportable.
Thank you very much for your response, this was my initial thought too and did request that they get replaced but trying to get management to get the wallet out unfortunately is never easy!
Any info you find would be great as I've sort of come to a dead end with it, i just want to make sure I've tried everything possible before telling my manager that it is not possible to get this to work (in reality these units are pretty much redundant and have definitely had their day!).
The old MXP units when displaying content essentially just split the availabel bandwidth of the call 50:50 between main video and content. The other endpoints (ie a C40 running TC code) can handle the bandwidth requirements with a bit more intelligence. A simple solution is to double your call rate on the older endpoint for those calls you need to send content (assuming you have the available bandwidth).
Just having a look through the endpoint now and it currently has the presentation at 50 percent so i'm going to up it and see if that makes it any better, thank you for getting back to me!
Yes, you can change he Presentation Rate up to 75 percent - but be aware that this reduces the main video down to the remaining 25 percent, so it's a trade off in quality of the content and camera feeds.
Hi Wayne, I've just had a try of doing this but unfortunately the quality is still almost unreadable, I've been checking over the settings all morning but haven't seen anything that i can change to improve the quality of the content.
Thank you for your help, really appreciate it.
About the only other setting I can think of that may help is to make sure the "Video Quality" setting for the input you are connecting your presentation in to is set to "Sharpness" and not "Motion". Sharpness will favour higher resolution at a lower frame rate.
My guess is your problem is because the content channel on an MXP uses H.263, not H.264, and only up to WXGA resolution, no HD. So where your C series can do 1920x1080, your MXP can do up to 1280x768, and that's if your PC can output WXGA. If not it's scaling down to whatever is the common denominator.