Views
Helpful
Replies

WebEx Social Upgrade to 3.3(1) or 3.3(1)SR1

sguhl
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everybody,

our WebEx Social is currently on 3.1(1)SR3. On CCO there is an Upgrade to 3.3  available,

but the release-notes state that upgrading is only possible from 3.1(1) SR2 and do not mention

3.1(1)SR3 as a valid upgrade path.

Our system is a productive system with approx. 80 Users medium use.

I attempted the upgrade anyway, and it failed. During Upgrade, the Messages

stating that schema migration and afterwards data migration have completed did not appear in the log files.

After upgrading the system was completely unusable, because all references to users were lost,

I could not even access my own user settings, so I assume I did broke the Database. Went back to 3.1.

My questions now are:

1. is upgrading from 3.1(1) SR3 really not supported? If yes, why, and what should I do now?

2. How long should it take to complete the schema migration? Is it done on the worker node? whow could I monitor if the system is still doing
    something?

Thanks a lot,

best regards,

Stephan

1 Reply 1

f.dilalla
Level 1
Level 1

I Stephan,

I made the upgrade from 3.1(1) SR3 to 3.3 without problem (I think) and yesterday to 3.3.(1) SR1
With the 3.3 version I have had only some issue with certificate in some roles, I have recreated the certificate and all roles works fine now.

I'm curious about how you use this product, I'm trying to understand how can I personalize it , I'd like to block some apps to some users or a column in the template etc... do you have some suggestion for me ?

Thanks

Franco