cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Welcome to the IP Telephony Discussion

ciscomoderator
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome to the Cisco Networking Professionals Connection Voice and Video Forum. This conversation will provide you the opportunity to discuss issues surrounding IP telephony. We encourage everyone to share their knowledge and start conversations on issues such as Cisco Call-Manager, IP Phones, Catalyst switches and any other topic concerning voice over an IP network.

Remember, just like in the workplace, be courteous to your fellow forum participants. Please refrain from using disparaging or obscene language or posting advertisements.

8 Replies 8

kmatousek
Level 1
Level 1

I would like say couple words about VOFR and VOIP.

We have got two customers with data and VOFR and VOIP.

And my feeling about voice is mixed.

Main problem is reliability. Customers complain for

too many "one way voice" to many "out of service". It happend accidentaly, that you can not track a reason for it.

Of course we had cases opened and for this problems

did not helped too much.

Customers know reliability of voice from PSTN and

they are expecting the same from Cisco voice solution. Especially, transfers data are 100% OK.

Networking engineering is a must when real time information is involved. We have found there are few actual problems with the voice portions of the equipment, it is only that the forgiveness of high speed data connections allows lax network design. Network design canNOT be avoided when voice or video is involved.

Of course there are some instances that cannot be fixed: low speed links, low I/O memory on a small router are a couple.

i.iaralishvili
Level 1
Level 1

Need a help with AS5300., actually with both AS53 and 2611...

well, in short the question is:

when receiving voice traffic on AS53 i would like to redirect it (partly) on the 2611 voice-enabled.....but in such way that in case 2611 has no resources left for termination....traffic will be terminated by AS53....here i do have something like a circuit....in another words i do want incoming calls first try the smaller device and if all port on the latter are busy try AS53..taking into consideration that AS53 is configured as a main gateway....is it possible , and if yes, how should i configure both routers......

Thanks in advance

nexusnetworx
Level 1
Level 1

Good Morning. I am new to the fotum.

I would just like to sit and listen in for any and

all advice.

jcabral
Level 1
Level 1

Good afternoon.

I am new in the forum and I need help with the configuration of an AS5300, I have 1 CallManager, 1 UOnce, 1 swith Catalys 3500 xl. I can make local call in the callmanager but when I try to make a call leaving for a T1 connected in the AS5300 receipt a tone of busy and an error of desconexion cause=0x1

The configuration that I have in the AS5300 is the following one:

Controller T1 0

framing esf

linecode b8zs

ds0-group 1 timeslots 1-24 type e&m-immediate-start

dial-peer voice 2809 pots

detination-pattern 809.......

derect-inward-dial

dial-peer voice 1809 pots

detination-pattern 809.......

derect-inward-dial

port 1:2

num-exp 222#809 809

gateway

interface Loopback0

description "Gateway interface"

ip address 169.253.173.2 255.255.255.255

no ip directed-broadcast

h323-gateway voip interface

h323-gateway voip h323-id PRBAas07@PRBA

h323-gateway voip TECH-PREFIX 222#

interface Loopback1

ip address 169.251.173.4 255.255.255.255

no ip directed-broadcast

interface Ethernet0

description "To Failover path via Swith port on 7206"

ip address 169.252.173.2 255.255.0.0

fair-queue 64 256 0

interface FastEthernet0

description "To primary path via SW01"

ip address 169.254.173.130 255.255.0.0

no ip directed-broadcast

duplex full

speed auto

fair-queue 64 256 0

router ospf 100

redistribute conneted subnets

passive-interface Loopback0

passive-interface Loopback1

network 169.251.0.0 0.0.255.255 area 1

network 169.252.0.0 0.0.255.255 area 1

network 169.253.0.0 0.0.255.255 area 1

network 169.254.0.0 0.0.255.255 area 1

ip classless

ip route 0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0 169.254.173.1

no ip http server

probinson
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We have just implemented a Ip/Telephony Network utilizing the Cisco Call Manager. There have been a a number of small sparatic problems. The one that i'm talking about to day is with regards to a Basic "2way" conversation.

When a person is talking suddenly the Conversation is reduced to a "1Way" conversation. One Individual just can't hear the other talking.

I've reprogrammed new phones, Reset the Phone, and a host of other basic troubleshooting basics.

Our Engineers from "Nec" who Setup the System Instructed that I Reset 1 or 2 of the "Primary rate interfaces".

This fixed all the problems Temporarly but it started to occur again.

Currently "Nec" has an open ticket with Cisco regarding this issues because there doesn't seem to be a fix.

I would appreciate any input

Thanks

Paul Robinson

(858) 526-5337

Diversa Corporation

h323-gateway voip bind srcaddr

Research the above command. I think it will solve your problem. This command should be on your router in which the ISDN PRI interfaces terminate. It resolved our issues with one way communications.

avanderzanden
Level 1
Level 1

Your Great initiative is more than welcomed!

Ever since Cisco took out the Selsius Newsgroups I missed some userchannel like this.

I will certainly be here every once in a while to report my experiences.

Thanks

Aad