cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What is my "correct" job as a new CCNP with about 1 year experience?

MicJameson
Level 1
Level 1

Hello.

I have a 2022 CCNP Enterprise, yet my experience is only a bit more than 1 year. I see job applications with tasks of things I've studied, yet I have little to no experience with. I become bored quickly, so I seek complex challenges. I am looking to grow into a higher level network engineer position, but of course there is a significant gap between understanding, and actually configuring.

Indeed I need advise. May you please give me feedback?.. What is my "correct" job as a new CCNP with about 1 year experience? Junior engineer, regular, or senior engineer?

Thank you!

2 Replies 2

b.winter
VIP
VIP

Hi,
this is a technical forum to discuss technical questions and not a job consultancy.

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

As someone who has only passed a course, but has no real world experience, you shouldn't expect just to jump in to a senior role - you need to gain some real world experience first - and that usually means starting at the bottom and progressing your way up.  The CCNP is your ticket through the door, and will help differentiate you from any other applicant who hasn't studied.

Saying you get "bored quickly" isn't something that you should ever say to a prospective employer - and isn't how real life work happens.  There will be many times you will get stuck with something that is not as exciting as you'd like, but you need to get it done anyway.  Prove your skills in whatever role you can get, work hard, even if it's "boring", then, once you have the real world experience, other opportunities may evolve.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.