cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

When using Outlook for Windows - CTRL+F often brings up Jabber

TimNielsen
Level 1
Level 1

When using Outlook 2016 on Windows 10, the CTRL+F hotkey in Outlook sometimes pulls up the Jabber window.  I believe this may occur more frequently when the user is on a call (using a desk phone, not the jabber software) yet jabber still seems to adjust the hotkey behavior on the PC.

The hotkey feature in the jabber-config-defaults.xml has already been set to FALSE.

I'm not sure what else to do.  Again, this problem is sporadic but I believe the issue crops up when users are on a phone call (not using the jabber windows software, just their desk phone).

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

@TimNielsen  You read the workaround correctly.  From the Jabber client, go to Settings > Appearance, and at the bottom of the page, set your App View to Class, click Apply and OK. This should fix the issue but I have not tested this myself.  

Also, as Deepak pointed you can notify TAC to reopen the defect if you want.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Deepak Kumar R
Level 1
Level 1

@TimNielsen Check this defect CSCvx96638.

THanks.  If I read that correctly, the "Modern UI" is part of the equation, so switching it to Classic is a workaround?

That is the workaround if you are hitting the defect. The permanent solution is to upgrade your jabber to one of the fixed releases which is 14.1.0.56686 or 14.1(0). If I were you, I will try upgrading one of the user's jabber to the fixed release. If the problem is fixed, then rollout the change for all users.

Well, not to be the bearer of bad news, but we are already on 14.1.1.56904.  Problem still exists.

@TimNielsen  You read the workaround correctly.  From the Jabber client, go to Settings > Appearance, and at the bottom of the page, set your App View to Class, click Apply and OK. This should fix the issue but I have not tested this myself.  

Also, as Deepak pointed you can notify TAC to reopen the defect if you want.

Deepak Kumar R
Level 1
Level 1

@TimNielsen You should then open an SR with tac and they may reopen the defect.