cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Which signaling mechanism can provide DNIS on T1/E1

annayuzhao
Level 1
Level 1

Anybody which one of the following prorvides DNIS on T1?

E&M, loop start, ground start? thanks

5 Replies 5

mcotrone
Level 3
Level 3

What is your situation? Sounds like you are fishing for test answers :)

Any E&M T1 will allow you to have DNIS for inbound calls.

mcotrone
Level 3
Level 3

T1 CAS with E&M Signaling supports Wink Start, Immediate Start, and Delay Dial. E&M also extends wink start to feature groups that allow addition features such as FG D. FG D Supports a double wink which allows for the passing of the ANI or Caller ID inbound. Also newer IOS supports the FGD-EANA (exchange access northamerica) which supports bidirectional ANI passing. This is important for sites that use T1 CAS for their local PSTN service in regards to 911 calls. Of course all of these E&M options must be also be matched at the digital interface on the telco switch.

I personally have used T1 CAS with E&M wink that was configured for DNIS mapping with 800 numbers.

Mike

I have done a lot of voip projects. My understanding is that DNIS will send over the E&M/pri/cas via the signaling, but will fXO (groud/loop)also send this infor? I know Cisco has FXO DID module card, which looks DiD can carry over the fXO? But normally FXO should not receive DNIS ? Right?Thanks

The Called number is sent to the FXO port for call delivery and the Calling number can be sent through battery Reverse polarity on the FXO-M VIC series (M1 for US).

The VIC-2DID handles Direct inward dial calls from the Telco to the GW only. Outbound calls can't be made from the GW to the Telco through this card.

I am not sure I understand exactly what you are asking?