cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Will restarting Unity Replication Agent affect any users?

Scuromano
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a situation with two Unity Connection clusters with Intra Site Connection for replication of user accounts.  One cluster is not replicating to the other (it was at one time and then stopped at some point).  I want to restart the Connection Digital Networking Replication Agent service.  Will this affect the users or service in any way?

Thanks

2 Replies 2

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

The “Connection Digital Networking Replication Agent" service handles the replication of only directory information for Digital Networking. So restarting this service will only affect the replication of directory/users. 

FYI, the underlying transport for digital networking in Unity Connection is SMTP.  In addition to sending voice messages between nodes, SMTP is used to send directory information between Clusters. So, if your are facing user replication issue between two Unity Connection clusters then you may need to restart"Connection SMTP Server" service to fix the issue. 

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

Thanks,  I'll also reset the Connection SMTP Server service as well.  I trust that restarting that service will not affect users in any way.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: