cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3phase or single phase for n9k

ColdWind
Level 1
Level 1

We have two n9K-c9508 Switches that we are installing in our Data Centre.

They will be connected to two power rails in each cabinet that are supplied from two different distribution boards.

Currently I have some spare single phase power rails and we have the single phase outlets under the floor for the rails.

Some people at my work site are telling me we have to have 3 phase power for these devices?

Which would mean getting new power installed at the distribution boards and ordering new power rails.

I just had our Cabler/electrician on site to get numerous quotes including the data and power cables for these boxes and he stated that he could quote me to get 3phase power installed for these boxes but he doesn't see the need for it as the single phase power in place will be fine. 

Do I need 3 phase power for the N9K-C9508 switches or will single phase be sufficient?.

Thanks in advance for any help given.

1 Reply 1

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

suggest to have 3 phase power.

here is for your reference difference between and 1 and 3 :

https://www.elprocus.com/difference-between-single-phase-and-three-phase-ac-power-supply/

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: