cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Air filter on Nexus 7010

sdavids5670
Level 2
Level 2

I've yet to deal with maintenance on the air filter and I was wondering if anybody knows if the filter material (foam) can be cleaned or does it need to be replaced?   I cannot find replacement filters on the Internets (I'm assuming that the $300+ part that I do find is the complete frame, etc and not just the foam filter).                  

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Oleksandr Nesterov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Hi
You can find below recommended cleaning method per UAF website:

1.      Vacuum Clean - A few passes of a vacuum cleaner will remove accumulated dust and dirt in seconds. 2.      Blow with Compressed Air - Point compressed air nozzle in opposite direction of operating air flow (blow from exhaust side toward intake side). 3.      Cold Water Rinse - Under normal conditions the foam media used in Universal's WINDOWPANE, QUADRAFOAM and UNI-FOAM filters require no oily adhesives. Collected dirt is washed away quickly and easily using just a standard hose nozzle with plain water. 4.      Immersion in Warm, Soapy Water - Where stubborn air-borne dirt is present, the filter may be dipped in a solution of warm water and mild detergent. Then simply rinse in clear water, let stand until completely dry and free of moisture, and return to service. Please check their website http://www.uaf.com for more information.
Also there you will find replacable filters.

HTH,

Alex

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Oleksandr Nesterov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Hi
You can find below recommended cleaning method per UAF website:

1.      Vacuum Clean - A few passes of a vacuum cleaner will remove accumulated dust and dirt in seconds. 2.      Blow with Compressed Air - Point compressed air nozzle in opposite direction of operating air flow (blow from exhaust side toward intake side). 3.      Cold Water Rinse - Under normal conditions the foam media used in Universal's WINDOWPANE, QUADRAFOAM and UNI-FOAM filters require no oily adhesives. Collected dirt is washed away quickly and easily using just a standard hose nozzle with plain water. 4.      Immersion in Warm, Soapy Water - Where stubborn air-borne dirt is present, the filter may be dipped in a solution of warm water and mild detergent. Then simply rinse in clear water, let stand until completely dry and free of moisture, and return to service. Please check their website http://www.uaf.com for more information.
Also there you will find replacable filters.

HTH,

Alex

AWESOME!  Thanks a ton!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: