Views
Helpful
Replies

APIC-EM (getting familiar)

AndyBurtchaell
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I would like to get familiar with the APIC-EM product and as such have downloaded the ISO and loaded it up into my VMWorkstation environment on my LAB machine. I have read all the docs I can find on installation/configuration on the web but I a having problems with the network side of the configuration!

Now I was wondering if anyone can answer some questions I have below (which I hope will help me).

1. Nowhere do any of the documents mention VMWorkstation Pro installations, can it run in this type of environment or does it require VSphere?

2. During attempting to install it says it requires a single NIC, I expected a set of setup requirements for a Northbound & Southbound interfaces (Northbound for Admin/NTP/Internet access and Southbound for actual network infrastructure access) am I missing something?

3. Is it possible, once I have it running, to combine a virtual setup of APIC-EM with VIRL (as I would like access to a wider range of network devices than I actually have at my work disposal)?

Thank you for any help you can give 

1 Reply 1

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

We used to use VIRL on a VMWare ESXI server, and it lets you connect the virtual devices to an external NIC for connecting to the "real world".