cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Apply ACL/Routemap to protect control plane

SREENATH R
Level 1
Level 1

Can we use ACL or routemap to control/block the packets which is going to the control plane or management plane of ASR 9000 routers and how is it possible ?

6 Replies 6

Collin Clark
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You sure can. Search Cisco for Control Plane Policing (CoPP). It is not platform dependent so the examples should apply to your ASR's. I've written a couple of mock-ups for routers and the Nexus. You can see them at www.packetpros.com.

Hi Collin Clark,

Thanks for your precious response. May I know the below steps are available on IOS XR of ASR 9000 ?

Router(config)# control-plane

Router(config-cp)# service-policy input RTR_CoPP

Collin Clark
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

It will most likely be a little different being IOS XR. Search the configuration guide or cisco.com for your version of IOS and you should find some good examples. I'll try and write one up for IOS XR this weekend.

Hi Collin Clark,

Thanks again for your reply. I have already serached for the same. But I couldn't find the commands

(in IOS XR 4.2) for applying service policy in control plane. Instead of that I  got management plane protection and LPTS (Local packet transport sytsem) configurations in IOS 4.2 XR .But I need to know how to protect control plane of ASR 9000 using ACL/Routemap. I hope you can find the solution for the same. I am expecting your precious response.

Hi Collin Clark,

Thanks for your quick reply. But the configuration which you have sent is IOS XE. I need to know the configuration of ASR 9000 IOS XR 4.2 version.I am expecting your precious response on the same.