Views
Helpful
Replies

ASR 1004 & 1006 support required

sanjaykumarpal
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

Can you help me in understanding the architecture of ASR 1004 and ASR 1006. In my current network i am running ASR 1002 and planning for upgradation to ASR 1004 / 1006 with requirement of 5*10G port and 5*1G port. So which ASR model will be helpful and how many SIP i needed and which one? Also let me know whether i need to balance the chassis when installing SPA in SIP?

1 Reply 1

adawa
Level 3
Level 3

Hello, Sanjay. 

Have you checked this comparison overview on ASR: (http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/routers/asr-1000-series-aggregation-services-routers/models-comparison.html). The Cisco ASR 1006 can support more SPA interface compared to the ASR 1004. The Cisco ASR 1006 will be much scalable compared to the ASR 1004 as far as throughput. 

What do you mean balance the chassis when installing SPA and SIP? The Cisco ASR 1006 has 12-SPA, 6-RU, hardware redundant chassis with two ESP slots, two RP slots and three SIP slots.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: